Wednesday 3 February 2010

034/365:2010 Lunch with Dr Don

034/365:2010 Lunch with Dr Don

This morning I met up with a brother minister in Belfast for coffee. Craig (another 365er) is at a conference and it was good to finally meet him after 'knowing' him through his blog for the past year or so.

If I'm lunching alone, then I lunch with Dr Don Carson. I'm very slowly reading through his excellent and thorough commentary on the Gospel According to John, taking a section every lunchtime. That way, I'm well fed both physically and spiritually.

Today's lunch was corned beef sandwiches with cherry tomatoes and orange juice. I'll raid the fruit bowl on the way to the study getting ready for my one-to-one Bible study this afternoon and tonight's Fellowship Group.

4 comments:

  1. I thought corned beef sandwiches always had to have HP sauce? Another myth shattered. (Love your bookrest. I travel with Stott sometimes.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't actually like HP sauce. The only time I have it is when my mother-in-law puts it into her stew when cooking and then I don't taste it full strength.

    Bookchair is brilliant for reading while eating, but it also sneaks into the kitchen when there's baking going on!

    Stott would be an excellent travel companion!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I, too, love reading commentaries. Especially when I am doing a Bible study on a particular subject. One of my favorite's is titled "With the Word...the Chapter-by-Chapter Bible Handbook" by Warren Wiersbe. It's a very easy to read commentary...basically gives you a brief summary of the each chapter of the Bible. It's a great "launching point"! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Corned beef has to have tomato ketchup

    ReplyDelete