Monday 18 January 2010

018/365:2010 Thoughts for the Day

018/365:2010 Thoughts for the Day

I love books. The house is coming down with them. When I'm reading a book, I like to engage with it - but I won't write inside a book. Instead, I use one of these quarter slices of A4 paper on which to take notes, interesting thoughts, good arguments, or bits I don't agree with, all of which help me when I come to review the book on my blog. It's also a helpful bookmark to find my place!

My current reading is 'Preaching the Whole Bible as Christian Scripture' by Graeme Goldsworthy. It has sat on my shelves for too long, so eventually I'm getting through it and benefiting immensely! Why didn't I read it a long time ago?

In this photo, you also get to see my scrawly, tiny handwriting! I'm sure a handwriting psychology expert would have a field day with my sample!

5 comments:

  1. WOW! you should join our bookclub. On second thoughts, no. We rarely actually read our books, but you could certainly show us how it should be done

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful - looks abit like my writing on my exam paper this morning!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goldsworthy's name crops up on the reading list for the Moore course I'm doing - ta for the recommendation. Interesting way to do it - I'm a margin scribler.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ali, I don't think I would have time to read the book for a book club... aren't they just excuses for coffee and cake anyway?

    Hope it went well for you Judith - my exam writing is even worse!

    Wils - we have some people in church doing Moore distance courses too - how are you finding it? It seems to be quite a lot of work, but very good?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gary, what Ali didn't fess up to is that we're in the "book and pudding" club... nuff said.

    It's a lot of work to squeeze in to a working week - we're doing the 3rd module over two terms as the folk doing it have all fairly intense jobs. I was concerned at the lack of Bible knowledge in our group and Michael Green had recommended this - it's very thorough.

    One participant said she was "a million miles" from where she was at the start, so it's served it's purpose.

    ReplyDelete